Sometimes the staple bird is just a hassle. So, ditch the turkey. If you're staying on campus for the break, here's an easy one-tray recipe for your Thanksgiving meal that tastes just like home.
Cornish Hen and Roasted Vegetables
1-2 Cornish hens (about 1 1/2 lbs. each)
5 small potatoes
1/2 a lemon
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Chop your carrots and potatoes into bite sized pieces.
3. Take thawed Cornish hen out of its packaging and place on baking trey (with lips). Dry with paper towels - this is to make sure the hen gets nice and crispy.
4. Put vegetables around hen on the baking trey.
5. Mix olive oil, parsley, rosemary and thyme into a bowl. Then, cover vegetables and hen with mixture. Make sure vegetables are evenly covered.
6. Squeeze half of a lemon onto the hen.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees. Bake for 55-65 min.
8. Remove from the oven, let the hen rest for 10 min, cut and serve!